This year, I will be participating in a reading challenge based on a video-game quest hosted by ReadatMidnight! When I first heard of this reading challenge, I just knew I had to do it solely on the fact that it was inspired by video games
which are a guilty pleasure of mine. #TheReadingQuest will run from Sunday, August 13th to Sunday, September 10th, 2017. The quest registration is open to all adventurers who are interested until Sunday, August 13th, 2017.
Morgan the Mage
For the quest, I will be playing as a Mage:
MAGE: As wielders of spells and witchcraft, these players will conjure and summon their way through the First Down path on the quest. Their tomes contain magic and whispers of alternate lands.
As a Mage, I must complete the 5 stages on my path before I can proceed to another character. I can also complete any and all side quests that I am interested in. Below, I will be listing the 5 stages of my path along with the books I have chosen for each. I will do the same for the side quests.
- A Book with a One Word Title ~ Eragon by Christopher Paolini [+10 EXP; +52.8 HP]
- A Book that Contains Magic ~ Enchantress by James Maxwell [+10 EXP; +62.6. HP]
- A Book based on Mythology ~ Golden Age by James Maxwell [+10 EXP; +.46.6 HP]
- A Book set in a Different World ~ Graceling by Kristin Cashore [+10 EXP; +48.1 HP]
- The First Book of a Series ~ Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire [+20 EXP; +16.9 HP]
- Potions: A Book Concocted by 2+ Authors ~ Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff [+10 EXP; +59.9 HP]
Multiplayer: Buddy Read a Book
- Grind: A Book with 500+ Pages ~ The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima [+10 EXP; +50.6 HP]
Respawn: Read a Book You Previously DNF
- Animal Companion: Book Referencing an Animal in the Title ~ Little + Lion by Brandy Colbert [+20 EXP; +32.7 HP]
- Mini-Game: Read a Graphic Novel, Novella or Poem Collection ~ Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal by G. Wilson, Adrian Alphona, & Sara Pichelli [+20 EXP; +6 HP]
- Expansion: Read a Companion Novel or Short Story ~ The Demon in the Wood by Leigh Bardugo [+10 EXP; +6.7 HP]
- Time Warp: A Book set in either the Past or the Future ~ A Beautiful Poison by Lydia Kang [+20 EXP; +35.2 HP]
Join in the Fun!
Friends, I highly recommend you all to join this challenge! You don’t have to make a post as I am, but if you do, make sure you read this original post to its entirety! It gives you every you need to know as far as experience points and health points.